I think I did it again
Oh baby, baby
Oops, you think I’d know my own blogiversary!!!
Remember to celebrate 5 years with you!!!
But I’m not that cognizant
You see, one problem
I dreamed away
Wishing/hoping heroes still exist
I think why, watching the days
We’re all some kinda fool in some kinda way
So I feel all my senses, but forget the day
That is just so typically me
Oh baby, oh
Oops…I did it again!
Yes, I freely admit to liking Britney Spears. Her music makes me dance and sing, but thankfully no video on that…to the best of my knowledge; fingers crossed. She went through some bad times with the whole world watching and judging.
Who needs to judge or be judged, especially for their worst day?
I wouldn’t want to be judged on my worst day…or on my best. Any day. It’s no one’s business. But I digress.
I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for over 5 years (slow blogging still counts)!!!
I may have started this for many reasons: to unpack my brain, add some humour and humanity to the discourse, and dare I hope fame and fortune (nope, apparently not going to be a Jane Austen, Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Bob Woodward anytime soon) – well, at least I unpack my brain and share it with all of you.
And made some funnies.
And I stay for the #bloglove. Clearly, still Hooked On A Feeling https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/10/im-hooked-on-a-feeling/
Here are some of my greatest, er, hits? https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/05/31/hang-in-there-baby/
When you share your brain, heart, your whole self with others there’s always a risk. You risk: rejection, failure, pain, loss, trolling (so much trolling)…
Yet all that is outweighed by what you get, readers, other bloggers who share themselves with you.
I’m a flawed person. Imperfect. But I own my harmlessly eccentric weirdness and proud of being a nerd (even before it was cool, wait, is it still cool? I’m confused.).
I’ve always been me and despite many attempts to make me not me, I still seem to manage to be me. That’s not always a good thing. Read some of my stuff, comment, critique, praise, ignore, puzzle, or just do whatever you want.
Ways to contact me any – time (on my home planet?): firstname.lastname@example.org
Where I’m a complete twit: https://twitter.com/yadadarcyyada
Where I’m endlessly baffled by humanity: https://www.facebook.com/yadadarcyyada
Please feel free to send me stuff, like books, ebooks, etc.…Love Free Stuff! Gratefully accept promotional materials. Respectfully reserve the right to decide whether said promotional material is suitable for my blog.
100% honest reviews and the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs will be my own, not that of the provider, party, or manufacturer.
Most of all, be happy, be kind, be brave (nothing to fear but…) https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/08/22/umbrella/
Yeahyeahyeahyeah you’ll find, oh baby baby, oops, you’ll do it again and again. And thanks, for viewing me baby one more time…
“Life is mostly
froth and bubble,
stand like stone.
in another’s trouble,
in your own.”
~Adam Lindsay Gordon
Hang in there….
and here’s some reasons
to hang in and out.
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.
The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa
the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
~The Doctor (Doctor Who)
If I should stay
I hope I won’t
be in your way
So I might stay or
I might go,
but I know
I’ll think of you
of the way
And I will always love you
I will always blog love you
Mostly sweet memories
Is all I’d take with me
No more goodbyes
We both know you
have all you need
And I will always love you
I will always blog love you
I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all
you’ve dreamed of
And I wish to you joy and happiness
But above all this, I wish you love.
And I will always love you…
even if you don’t agree with my beliefs, we don’t have to believe the same things to be friends, to find common ground, to wish each other well, and to support each other, because as humans, we’re all in this together.
I will always love you…even if you don’t agree with my politics. I’ll still say my piece, why is everyone arguing? We don’t need to agree on everything, we just need to believe simple things,
- May the 4th Be With You https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/05/04/may-the-4th-be-with-you/ and watch out for Revenge of the 5th…
- Lying is still lying, truth is still truth, spinning just makes your head spin…do we sometimes listen to lies because it’s easier, what those lies offer is easier? The truth is hard, we think we can’t handle the truth.
- We all want someone to look at us the way some of us look at: cake, steak, cookies, wine, bacon, beer, coffee, pizza, or anything that has the word, chocolate in it – how do you know if chocolate really loves you, when it’s an all-consuming love.
- Even if you have to sing the alphabet song in your head when doing things, you’re still adulting just with help from your inner child.
- Slavery was not a choice, Kayne West (being ignorant is a choice, clearly).
- We wish everything was as easy as getting fat (it isn’t).
- When you’re screwing something (mind out of the gutter, I’m talking IKEA and handyperson type things), it’s easier (at least for me), lefty loosey, tighty righty.
- You only die once, but you live every day, so enjoy https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/01/04/so-youve-ruined-your-lifenow-what/
- Learning to love, and learning to love learning, those are the greatest loves of all.
- Our brains and hearts are like the TARDIS in Doctor Who, bigger on the inside.
- The Universe isn’t telling you anything, it has better things to do – and we rarely make the right choice when you’re already looking for someone to blame or praise for that choice.
- Technology is cool, it’s not people, TV, movies (yes, like “Marvel’s Avengers Infinity War”) are cool, they’re not real people…
- We don’t always get what’s coming to us, good or bad, life is a mystery. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/05/25/crapathy/
- Who you love is your choice (as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone). Don’t forget to love your or another Mom this Mother’s Day. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/05/13/the-mother-of-all-blogs/
- The world would be a better place if everyone felt safe – safe from rape, murder, torture, scams, lies, and they’d feel safe if everyone had affordable housing, enough to eat, an education, help when they need it – it’s not a Utopian dream, it’s more than possible, we just need to stop subsidizing the rich – funny how they say they believe in Capitalism and believe Socialism is ‘evil’ yet the rich always have their hands out for subsidies. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/08/16/everybody-wants-to-rule-the-world/
- What we think of as rights are actually leased privileges, they can be repossessed any time. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/09/16/you-had-me-at-cake/And I could go on and on ( but who would read it with WordPress and the lack of notification of posts, sigh, so bored), but what’s the point, change your expectations and be happy, life’s too short not to be.
Many books, songs, art, TV programs, and movies question whether we’re real, what is real. Hunger Games, “Real or not real?” and in Westworld, “What is real?”.
The overly simple, but perfect answer was, “That which is irreplaceable.”. Good people are irreplaceable. Good times are irreplaceable. Literature, music, art, TV/Movies – those that change you, move you, touch you, elevate you from surviving to thriving is irreplaceable, but generally, stuff is replaceable, or unnecessary. Truth is irreplaceable.I will always love you…even if you don’t Like and share my posts (please Like and share my posts). I will always love you…even if odds are you won’t always be on my side or ever by my side, we’re still together.I will always love you…even, to paraphrase Maya Angelou, I forget what you said, what you did, I’ll always remember how you made me feel. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/04/15/tra-la-la-tra-la-la-la/I will always blog love you because I’ve learned so much from blogging, my readers, and fellow bloggers.
https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/10/im-hooked-on-a-feeling/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/08/27/message-in-a-bottle/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/02/02/theres-no-crying-in-blogging/
When this song was first written by Dolly Parton in 1973, yes, 45 years ago, it was a love song, not romantic, a goodbye song for Parton’s professional break-up with her mentor, producer, and longtime duet partner, Porter Wagoner. It’s been sung by everyone, from Kenny Rogers (when he looked like Kenny Rogers, why do people do cosmetic surgery, https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/05/its-not-the-years-honey-its-the-mileage/ – own those wrinkles – they pay their rent in experiences, memories, days, weeks, months, years of being you https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/10/03/sweet-dreams-are-made-of-this/), Linda Ronstadt, and little known singer in a little known movie, I think it called something like, “The Bodyguard”, with Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner? (“Are you pondering what I’m pondering, Pinky? “Well, I think so, hiccup, but Kevin Costner with an English accent?” https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/01/30/pinky-the-brain/). I don’t think any really beat Dolly’s version, but the song is an earworm, which, like blogging, once in your head, rarely leaves.