OK, OK, I see what’s happening here
(I really don’t see what’s happening anywhere these days and don’t think I want to).
You’re screen to screen with mediocrity, and it’s strange.
You don’t even know how you feel (or if you should feel, oh gosh, so many feels…)
Well, it’s “nice” to see/hear humans never change.
It’s been awhile, let’s begin.
Yes, it’s really me! I’m back (does this feel like a pattern?).
Breathe it in (through a damn mask)
I know, it’s a lot…
(all which may or may not hit the mark)
I’m just an ordinary blogging universal life force
What can I say except “You’re Welcome!”
For the snides,
the endless psuedo-goodbyes https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/09/28/we-were-on-a-break/
(I mean them at the time, but then I think of all of you, dear readers and come running back! I don’t know how to quit you!)
Hey, it’s ok, it’s ok, “You’re welcome!”
I’m just a 7-year blogging Demi-Sod!
https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/08/27/message-in-a-bottle/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/02/02/theres-no-crying-in-blogging/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/10/im-hooked-on-a-feeling/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/06/02/nobody-puts-bloggers-in-a-corner/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/05/04/i-will-always-blog-love-you
Hey, what has two thumbs and is trying to stay safe and sane in bod and brain…me…we’ll see?!?
- Thank you readers.
- Thank you fellow bloggers (who are often readers too).
- Thank you Graham Norton and guests.
- Thank you Moana (this Disney movie may have way more lessons for adults than children).
- Northern Exposure (how has it been 30 years? How?!?).
- Thank you Ryan Reynolds for being Deadpool and yourself (where’s Maple Mobile?).
- Thank you family (although we have one less and the world is diminished).
- Thank you friends (all online these days).
- Thank you Zoom meetings that are a lifeline…
- Thank you to all the “The” stuff, ya know:
- The Boys (why not “The Bois”?).
- The Heart Guy.
- The Postcard Killings.
- The 100.
- The Descendants (how could I ask for more, more…).
- The Mandalorian
- “The Cry” (Jenna Coleman would have been a perfect ‘Doctor’ in “Doctor Who”).
- “The Testaments” – Methinks we shall have to wait for more of the TV version of “The Handmaids Tale”, sadly we can watch it in real time…sigh https://yadadarcyyada.com/2019/03/25/welcome-to-your-life/
- “The Walking Dead” (Awesome show, but so unrealistic, I didn’t see anyone pushing and shoving to hoard toilet paper, what were you thinking Robert Kirkman?) https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/04/11/why-zombies-will-rule/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/04/11/why-zombies-wont-rule/
- Thanks “Discovery of Witches” (just a sneak peek of my Halloween-who-am-I-kidding-it’s-all-year-long-horror-especially-in-2020-line-up https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/10/26/the-more-the-scarier/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/10/28/enter-at-your-own-risk/).
- “Marvel”, “The Munsters”, and Midway” (Ed Skrein, Woody Harrelson, Luke Evans, Mandy Moore and many more, wow, imagine if they’d had social media like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, QQ, Viber, reddit, WhatsApp, WeChat…and war).
- Chocolate and tea and books (all three at once is a challenge, but never let it be said I’m not up to a challenge) https://yadadarcyyada.com/2019/05/30/you-live-you-die-in-between-theres-chocolate/
- “Sanditon”, “Shetland” (needs 10 seasons, minimum), Stephen Colbert who’s still owning his COVID hair, “Psych” (oops, well, sounds like it starts with an “s”; I’ve heard it both ways), and “Snowpiercer” (These are our revolutions).
- Thanks cartoons like: “Rick and Morty”, “Family Guy”, “South Park” “Justice League” (animated series)…not the “other” (shudder), etc.
- “Julie and the Phantoms” (“Julie e os Fantasmas“).
- Jimmy Fallon (I just feel there’s a lack of Paul Rudd on this show lol).
- “Hamilton” (what would we do without Lin-Manuel Miranda? I don’t even want to think about it).
- Thanks for even the thought of “Enola Holmes” and “Utopia” (can’t wait!).
- Thanks Seth MacFarlane for giving us a million ways to laugh in 2020 https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/06/06/1-2-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west/ and Seth Meyers (kinda miss the sea captain), and other Seths living their best life.
- Thank you “Punisher” for letting Jon Bernthal and Ben Barnes light up the screen, figuratively and literally – “Russo!”.
- Maybe thanks for “Cobra Kai”, haven’t watched it yet, but maybe I’ll be grateful?
- Drew Barrymore – mock all you want but there’s something to be said for authentically imperfect people. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/06/10/cant-you-just-pretend-to-be-nice/
- Thanks to “Gilmore Girls”, though I’m trying not to indulge again, like a comfort food, but how about “The Golden Girls”, hey Netflix, I’m pitching you a new series, “Golden Gilmore Girls” with older Lorelei, Rory, Sookie, and Lane living in Florida? It’s gonna be a hit!
I’ll keep saying Thank You even as stress (https://yadadarcyyada.com/2020/05/04/so-no-one-told-you-life-was-gonna-be-this-way/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2020/03/17/im-still-standing-yeah-yeah-yeah/) keeps jumping me in dark alleys of the mind, attacking me from all sides. I don’t need superheroes to save me, except on page and screen, I just need some rest (chronic suckage aka Fibromyalgia blows https://yadadarcyyada.com/2019/11/22/99-problems-and-fibromyalgia-is-all-of-them/), some zest…
Well, come to think of it,
Readers, honestly I could go on and on
I could explain every unnatural phenomenon (https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/10/26/my-big-fat-supernatural-life/)
The sass, the grass, the colours, the vague meandering chats (books, movies, politics, TV shows and other shtick, it’s all about the laughs) before again going underground.
Honestly, that was me just messing around…
I’ve murdered my blog,
I’ve buried its guts,
while trying to figure out what the heck is going on, it’s all coconuts!
What’s the lesson?
What is the take-away?
Be kind to everyone every single day!!!
And the tapestry here on my blog
Is simply sayin’, Don’t be trippin’ dawg!
Look where I’ve been (mostly home).
NO, I haven’t been out of the country in 14 days (does YouTube count?). How the heck would I know if I’ve ever been in contact with anyone with COVID-19? This is a weird way to screen…for anything. Asking us, asking us, asking us, asking us, do you have: Fever•New onset of cough•Worsening chronic cough •Shortness of breath (sometimes, when watching Jason Momoa, does that count?) •Difficulty breathing•Sore throat•Difficulty swallowing (don’t say it out loud, that’s what she said)•Decrease of loss of sense, of taste, or smell•Chills (They’re multiplying; it’s electrifying!)•Headaches•Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches•Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain (Have you seen the news/internet? If you don’t have these symptoms you’re not paying attention)•Pink eye/conjunctivitis (gross)•Runny nose or nasal congestion without other known cause (like what?)… Why make people do that whole spiel? Seriously. Why not have a digital tickety-tappin’ done by Lin-Manuel Miranda rippity-rappin’?
(Ha ha ha ha ha ha, hey) And, did you Wash your hands? Seriously, before, during and after COVID, wash them!!!
So here’s the thing, every day now seems like a horror movie, full of: ghouls, fools, viruses, monsters, unknown terrors, people unable to follow simple instructions (very simple, i.e. arrows, a sign that says, “keep right”, etc.).
COVIDIOTS would probably check the dark basement if they heard a noise, or would start filming an alien ship scooping up humans, or hug a demon, freshly spawned from the bowels of Hell. I would not be at all surprised. Oh look, a guy with an chainsaw, he seems friendly! https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/03/20/25-ways-to-stay-alive-in-a-horror-movie/
What else? My love is trying to rekindle our affair, trying to lure me back into a comfy reclining chair…with Dune (and chill?). – I keep trying to get away from movie theaters, but they keep trying to pull me back in! Perfect for Autumn, amazing cast, but since people can’t even follow arrows in stores, or signs, or instructions (even physcial distancing) – could you trust them in theaters?!? COVID fatigue? Ha! https://yadadarcyyada.com/2019/09/18/head-over-heels/ Just the latest excuse for bad behaviour https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/09/16/you-had-me-at-cake/ More like people-want-to-do-whatever-they-want-to-do https://yadadarcyyada.com/2013/08/29/the-pursuit-of-happiness-cult/. They don’t care…about you (or anyone, including themselves https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/05/25/crapathy/ they just want to go back to doing whatever they want to do). Really, in this supernatural, so-much-cooler-finally-Fall https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/10/14/the-glorious-chaos/ time, you’d think PPE, you know, mitigation practices, ya know, simple stuff like: hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, face shields, etc. would be the most precious things in the universe, but seems the pumpkin spice still wins….The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to survival. I’m going to be honest, here goes, brace yourselves, I don’t like pumpkin spice, there I said it. Yet the pumpkin spice must flow https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/10/09/you-may-say-im-a-dreamer/
RIP RBG – you tried to make people realize “equal” isn’t a dirty word. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/22/all-the-ways-im-told-im-stupid-everyday/ You gave us hope – we’ll try to keep it burning. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/01/06/im-not-inclined-to-resign-to-maturity/
“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.” ~ Frank Herbert
Go on, tell your story and I’ll keep spilling my mind onto the screen (You’re welcome!).