If I should stay
I hope I won’t
be in your way
So I might stay or
I might go,
but I know
I’ll think of you
of the way
And I will always love you
I will always blog love you
Mostly sweet memories
Is all I’d take with me
No more goodbyes
We both know you
have all you need
And I will always love you
I will always blog love you
I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all
you’ve dreamed of
And I wish to you joy and happiness
But above all this, I wish you love.
And I will always love you…
even if you don’t agree with my beliefs, we don’t have to believe the same things to be friends, to find common ground, to wish each other well, and to support each other, because as humans, we’re all in this together.
I will always love you…even if you don’t agree with my politics. I’ll still say my piece, why is everyone arguing? We don’t need to agree on everything, we just need to believe simple things,
- May the 4th Be With You https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/05/04/may-the-4th-be-with-you/ and watch out for Revenge of the 5th…
- Lying is still lying, truth is still truth, spinning just makes your head spin…do we sometimes listen to lies because it’s easier, what those lies offer is easier? The truth is hard, we think we can’t handle the truth.
- We all want someone to look at us the way some of us look at: cake, steak, cookies, wine, bacon, beer, coffee, pizza, or anything that has the word, chocolate in it – how do you know if chocolate really loves you, when it’s an all-consuming love.
- Even if you have to sing the alphabet song in your head when doing things, you’re still adulting just with help from your inner child.
- Slavery was not a choice, Kanye West (being ignorant is a choice, clearly).
- We wish everything was as easy as getting fat (it isn’t).
- When you’re screwing something (mind out of the gutter, I’m talking IKEA and handyperson type things), it’s easier (at least for me), lefty loosey, tighty righty.
- You only die once, but you live every day, so enjoy https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/01/04/so-youve-ruined-your-lifenow-what/
- Learning to love, and learning to love learning, those are the greatest loves of all.
- Our brains and hearts are like the TARDIS in Doctor Who, bigger on the inside.
- The Universe isn’t telling you anything, it has better things to do – and we rarely make the right choice when you’re already looking for someone to blame or praise for that choice.
- Technology is cool, it’s not people, TV, movies (yes, like “Marvel’s Avengers Infinity War”) are cool, they’re not real people…
- We don’t always get what’s coming to us, good or bad, life is a mystery. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/05/25/crapathy/
- Who you love is your choice (as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone). Don’t forget to love your or another Mom this Mother’s Day. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/05/13/the-mother-of-all-blogs/
- The world would be a better place if everyone felt safe – safe from rape, murder, torture, scams, lies, and they’d feel safe if everyone had affordable housing, enough to eat, an education, help when they need it – it’s not a Utopian dream, it’s more than possible, we just need to stop subsidizing the rich – funny how they say they believe in Capitalism and believe Socialism is ‘evil’ yet the rich always have their hands out for subsidies. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/08/16/everybody-wants-to-rule-the-world/
- What we think of as rights are actually leased privileges, they can be repossessed any time. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/09/16/you-had-me-at-cake/And I could go on and on (but who would read it with WordPress and the lack of notification of posts, sigh, so bored), but what’s the point, change your expectations and be happy, life’s too short not to be.
Many books, songs, art, TV programs, and movies question whether we’re real, what is real. Hunger Games, “Real or not real?” and in Westworld, “What is real?”.
The overly simple, but perfect answer was, “That which is irreplaceable.”. Good people are irreplaceable. Good times are irreplaceable. Literature, music, art, TV/Movies – those that change you, move you, touch you, elevate you from surviving to thriving is irreplaceable, but generally, stuff is replaceable, or unnecessary. Truth is irreplaceable.I will always love you…even if you don’t Like and share my posts (please Like and share my posts). I will always love you…even if odds are you won’t always be on my side or ever by my side, we’re still together.I will always love you…even, to paraphrase Maya Angelou, I forget what you said, what you did, I’ll always remember how you made me feel. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/04/15/tra-la-la-tra-la-la-la/I will always blog love you because I’ve learned so much from blogging, my readers, and fellow bloggers.
https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/10/im-hooked-on-a-feeling/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/08/27/message-in-a-bottle/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/02/02/theres-no-crying-in-blogging/
When this song was first written by Dolly Parton in 1973, yes, 45 years ago, it was a love song, not romantic, a goodbye song for Parton’s professional break-up with her mentor, producer, and longtime duet partner, Porter Wagoner. It’s been sung by everyone, from Kenny Rogers (when he looked like Kenny Rogers, why do people do cosmetic surgery, https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/05/its-not-the-years-honey-its-the-mileage/ – own those wrinkles – they pay their rent in experiences, memories, days, weeks, months, years of being you https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/10/03/sweet-dreams-are-made-of-this/), Linda Ronstadt, and little known singer in a little known movie, I think it called something like, “The Bodyguard”, with Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner? (“Are you pondering what I’m pondering, Pinky? “Well, I think so, hiccup, but Kevin Costner with an English accent?” https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/01/30/pinky-the-brain/). I don’t think any really beat Dolly’s version, but the song is an earworm, which, like blogging, once in your head, rarely leaves.
“Never put off
what you can
do day after
just as well.”
-Mark TwainI’m a pro at procrastination, no amateur stuff for me. I wish I could stop procrastinating, but I keep postponing it. I do it when blogging, postponing writing posts – I tell myself it’s a lack of energy, lack of time, lack of ideas – I wish those were truths, but like most cases of procrastination, my real issue, fear. If I delay doing something, it can’t fail.
My procrastination is getting worse, becoming a chronic condition. Is it the amount of choices? Time inconsistency? Self-censorship? Constant interruptions? Laziness? Lack of focus? We all put off doing things, but when does it move to acting against your best interests, your better judgement, when does procrastination take over your common sense?
What if I’m not even a pro procrastinator, but just an amateur stresstinator? https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/04/05/overwhelmed/Either way, I need to get out of my head, out of my own way, so I ignored the Scarlett O’Hara voice in my head, telling me to think about it tomorrow (after all, tomorrow is another day)… Then fiddle-dee-dee, I called/emailed/talked to who I needed (note I did not use the word “wanted”) to contact, and even wrote this post; giggling (mostly in my head), thinking of Carol Burnett’s “Went With The Wind”.
The cure for procrastination? I want to say chocolate (I know who my date is for Valentine’s Day)… Wishful thinking aside, it’s a mystery to me – I’ll push through the Crapathy https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/05/25/crapathy/ – try for more: courage, conviction, and compassion https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/02/20/compassion-never-goes-out-of-style/ keeping in mind, some things are better when we wait for them.
Once upon a time, a woman began a blog; she had no idea what she was doing, but that had never stopped her before. Almost four years passed and she found blogging was just like life, only with fewer calories and even more emails.
1. Life and blogging are about choices. Good? Bad? Who knows, until you make them.
2. If you want chocolate, bacon, butter, donuts, cookies, cake https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/09/16/you-had-me-at-cake/ – go for it, but like in blogging, only so much before the clogging… https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/11/07/can-you-feel-the-blog-love-tonight/
3. The truth is always out there, whether it comes out or not, you’ll always know it can come out.
4. If you’re going to worry, make it worthwhile. On your deathbed I doubt you’ll be stressing out about if your toes look good in sandals, if you have the biggest house, fanciest car, most jewelry, and who you knew… https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/05/25/crapathy/
5. You’re not the only one. Find someone who also thinks they’re the only one – you might help each other.
6. Having a love affair with cake and cookies can be epic, like, movie epic. Then again, Titanic and Romeo and Juliet…Balance in all things.
7. Laundry is evil and like all evil it grows if you ignore it…even to blog.
8. Be selective how you’re giving your time, it’s the one thing you’ll never get back.
9. Let your imagination run away with you sometimes.
10. Be a superhero. You don’t need fancy gadgets like Batman, alien powers like Superman, Amazon (ish?) powers like Wonder Woman. No cool suits like Iron Man, Deadpool, or Spiderman…Nope. You just need to care. Be a friend. Be there. Help someone. In the blogworld, ‘Like’ their post. Share their post. Blogging is strange when you’re a stranger…get out there and show some #bloglove Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (awesome, but I wasn’t as hooked on the soundtrack as the first one…I am Groot) – it made me want to run out and help the world. Had to rewatch Guardians of the Galaxy https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/10/im-hooked-on-a-feeling/ because, hey, Chris Pratt.
11. There’s enough hard stuff in the world and the blogworld, don’t add to it.
12. The worst crime that I ever did, besides listening to rock’n’roll (paraphrasing The Stranglers, with a giggle), was telling myself I wasn’t good enough; if I didn’t believe it, why the Hell else would anyone else?
13. People always say “quit whining”…why? Sometimes, in the midst of a good whine sometimes comes a flash of insight, a bolt of wisdom, a bombshell of brilliant. Again, moderation.
14. If you’re good at something, learn how to be good at it for others too. Have the Time of Your Life. I watched the TV version of Dirty Dancing…made me miss Patrick Swayze…and Jennifer Grey’s nose. Nobody puts bloggers in a corner! https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/09/05/ive-had-the-time-of-my-life/
15. Life goes around and around. Watching Twin Peaks: The Return – just as weird, but sadly, less playful https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/08/02/never-tear-us-apart/ – I’m reminded, you always look back through different eyes. My blog has something to tell you – when you get there, you’ll already be there.
16. You can lead a good life without TV, you can also lead a good life with TV – life doesn’t have to be back and white (TV taught me that).
17. Despite what you may have heard, ‘Grease’ is not the word, but neither are: ‘low-rise’, ‘low-carb’, ‘SEO’, ‘dirt jeans’, ‘alternative facts’, ‘influencer’…
18. Don’t be a wrecking ball (also don’t swing on one naked, you don’t want to become a meme, right Miley Cyrus? https://yadadarcyyada.com/2013/08/27/blurred-miley-lines/ ). Try to leave things as good or better than you found them.
19. Watched Girlboss on Netflix, different, in a good way. Britt Robertson (Under The Dome, Life Unexpected, A Dog’s Purpose, etc.), plays charmingly frenetic Sophia. Produced by Charlize Theron https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/06/06/1-2-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west/ – based on an autobiography of Sophia Amoruso, an American businesswoman, who at 23 started an eBay store, Nasty Girl Vintage, which became multi-million dollar Nasty Girl. Also, Dean Norris (Breaking Bad https://yadadarcyyada.com/2013/09/25/faux-ode-to-breaking-bad/ Under The Dome, X-Files https://yadadarcyyada.com/2013/08/20/the-truth-is-still-out-there/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2016/01/15/5-ways-im-not-under-pressure/ 24, Grey’s Anatomy https://yadadarcyyada.com/2013/10/19/greys-anatomy/ The Big Bang Theory – everything, does this man sleep?), Norm McDonald (SNL)… Reminded me of an important life/blog lesson, a lot of things can go wrong before, during, and after they go right. I loved how the two friends always said, “Love you, in case I die” to each other, negating that terrible thought, the regret, that if you lost someone they might not know you love them.
20. Gratitude is often misunderstood, you can be poor, sick, longing, grieving, hurting, waiting, low blog stats, and still be grateful. Be grateful. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/11/17/10-ways-to-be-grateful-even-on-bad-days/
I probably won’t be blogging much this summer, so Happy Birthday Canada https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/07/01/happy-canada-day-eh/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2017/04/28/well-cream-you-with-our-tim-hortons-donuts-you-hosers/ and America https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/07/04/happy-4th-of-july/
I’ll be here and there, dear readers…and love you, in case I die.
“Making your way
in the world today
takes everything you’ve got.
Taking a break from
all your worries,
sure would help a lot.
Wouldn’t you like
to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
knows your name,
and they’re always
glad you came.
You wanna be
where you can see,
our troubles are all the same….
You wanna go where everybody knows your name.” (Cheers)
Yup, that’s blogging in a nutshell – bloggers from around the world gathering at a local establishment to share our joys, sorrows, fears, woes, hopes, wisdom, jokes, dreams, and hopes.
And I get it, blogging isn’t curing cancer.
Blogging won’t solve devastating problems: world hunger, disease, poverty, climate change, drought, unemployment/underemployment, etc.
Blogging probably won’t overcome the horrors of: war, terrorism, racism, prejudice, sexism, crime…
It’s still not ok for WordPress to use bloggers as lab rats (it’s also not ok to use rats, or any living things as lab rats). I’m already in their bad books https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/03/26/why-i-will-never-be-freshly-pressed/ WordPress, change your motto, “If it ain’t broke, break it” to “Let it be”.
Step right up! Come and see! Things your eyes and ears won’t believe! Welcome to the blogging/internet circus!
See the clowns (only some are scary)!
See the boy raised by wolves (Trump wasn’t raised by wolves? I’d just assumed…).
See the living skeleton (Oops, sorry, that’s a model).
See the Spineless Wonders (we can overcome the lies…and stop using the Hitler card!).
See the bearded lady (The joys of menopause?).
See the Strong Man/Woman (Anyone who believes facts, not alternative facts).
See the trolls (Hired and those that do it for kicks).
Welcome to blogging, like dancing in the dark, while eating cotton candy with your toes on a Ferris Wheel, in the rain, as someone shoots darts at you. Are you ready bloggers, start blogging…
1. Blogging works best if you have a blog, if not, start a blog.
2. Write ‘posts’ aka string together a bunch of words you hope (desperately) make sense. Maybe add some images. TADA!
3. Don’t forget to add tags. Not skin tags or sales tags; tags letting people know what is in your post.
4. Think you’re done? Press the button (Not the red button!!!), the publish button. A crucial step, otherwise you’ll think your blog is very unpopular.
5. Big, bright, and beautiful! Way too much food! Rip-off games! Tunnels of Love! Dicey ‘rides’! Mistreated animals (so wrong)! Chocolate-covered everything! Haunted Houses! Welcome to the Circus Internet Maximus!
6. You’re so vain, you probably think this post is about you. Don’t stress, readers won’t always get it or agree. You have choices: keep going, change, or stop.
7. Knock, Knock, Knockin’ on Blogger’s Doors…Interact, comment, like, share on social media: Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Reddit…
8. Forget all the advice you’ve heard, only you know what works for you.
April is Autism Awareness month. I’m lucky to be the Mom of an amazing son (also happens to have Autism/Asperger’s). I sincerely believe most people are ‘aware’ of Autism by now.
Disagreements swirl and rip around Autism, causes and treatments, but what we need, for everyone in the world, is compassion, hope, and engagement.
In the blogworld as in the real world, our choices are many, let’s make good choices, not just on Earth Day, but everyday.
So come have some happy times in these seemingly unhappy times, where everybody knows your name…Cheers to dancing in the dark!
Sometimes, you just have to run away to the circus...or your local blog.