3. Being asked for help is actually an opportunity to extort free food.
4. Haunted houses always have the ingredients to make sandwiches. We won’t ask why Scooby and Shaggy are always so hungry, what’s in those Scooby Snacks anyway?
5. Mysteries involve some interesting clothing choices: short skirts, ascots, werewolves with pants, tattered Civil War uniforms, cloaks, capes, etc.
6. ‘Let’s split up’ actually works for this group, they all find clues, but still work together as a team.
7. Don’t let the handsome guy be your de facto leader, his plans are overly complicated and never work. Bumbling acts of panic save the day!
8.Dogs actually talk, but have speech impediments.
9. Running between various doorways in a hall is fun.10. Driving around in a van called the Mystery Machine solving mysteries is not only a lucrative job, but you get to meet celebrities like: KISS, Batman, Fred Flintstone, The Addams Family,Jabberjaw, Sonny & Cher, Davy Jones, Josie & The Pussycats…I do realize some of these celebrities aren’t real people, ie. Davy Jones, but it’s still cool.11. Seniors come up with some wacky schemes to make money.
12. We’ve all sometimes felt like we’re running past the same background over and over and over.
13. Once you remove the ‘mask’, people are just people. Or alternately, humans are the only real monsters.
14. All the members of the Scooby Gang were really different, but all were able to add something to the group, even if it’s just as bait to attract a mummy, or Neanderthal, or witch, or miner or pirate.
15. Bad guys always say the same thing when they’re caught: “I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids”.