And I would do anything for love,
I’d walk briskly right into hell and back
I would do anything for bloglove,
I’ll never lie to you and that’s a fact
And some days, it ain’t easy
And some days, it ain’t hard
Some days it ain’t happening at all
I’ll do anything for bloglove (but I won’t do that)…
Goodbye Meatloaf (gone like a bat out of hell)
I don’t know about you, but to me January 2022 felt more like Groundhog Day than a new start, but now it’s February so everything will be different, right? Right?
February started with the Lunar New Year aka Chinese New Year – it’s the year of the tiger, ok, I’m singing it as “Eye of the Tiger” and thinking of Monty Python, how about you?
What else is February (allegedly), for such a short month, it’s crammed full of expectations including but not limited to:
- Black History Month (to remember, to learn, to grow, and to look to a better future)
- Valentine’s Day (and National Impotence Day is the same day, hmmm, interesting)
- LGBT+ History Month
- National Library Lovers Month (having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card!)
- World Cancer Day (to state the obvious, cancer sucks)
- Random Acts of Kindness Day (again, you shouldn’t need a day for this, just be kind for pity’s sake)
- Love Your Pet Day (shouldn’t that be everyday?)
- Family Day (wow, how many times can I say this, should be every day)
- Spunky Old Broads Day (bet a lot of Maxine cards are sold for this day)
- National Pizza Day ( ummmm, pizza)
- World Whale Day ,as opposed to Worldly Whale Day (très magnifique whales, hmm, wonder if worldly whales would play Wordle?)
- Read to Your Child Day (Every. Single. Day.)
- Extraterrestrial Culture Day
- Chocolate Day (you mean every day?) https://yadadarcyyada.com/2019/05/30/you-live-you-die-in-between-theres-chocolate/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2020/01/26/aggressive-simplification/
- National Umbrella Day https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/08/22/umbrella/
- Super Bowl Sunday https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/02/01/lazy-super-bowl-sundae/
- Tinnitus Awareness Day (oh, I’m “aware” of it every day!)
2022 is not a Leap Year, so February 2022 has only 28 days, oh no, but hopefully not 28 Days Later, fast zombies are scary, speaking of, guess who’s coming back and with fast zombies, “The Walking Dead”. February has more, but I don’t want to be a bore!
February will come and go in the blink of an eye, pushing into March. My year of chronic change marches on, topsy turvy with all the moving; organizing; growing “Chronic Not Hopeless” (email@example.com https://yadadarcyyada.com/2021/01/30/chronic-not-hopeless/); getting addicted to “Among Us”; reading, reading, reading, so much reading; writing; snow, so much snow, eh…
Watching: “The Gilded Age”, “Midsomer Murders”, “1883”, “Snowpiercer”, “Stay Close”, “What We Do in the Shadows”, “Shetland”, “The Expanse”, “Vera”, “The Great”, “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure”, “The Eternals” (we’ve waited 7000 years for this movie, ha, Marvel/Disney, more like it felt like 7000 years watching this movie, wow); waiting for the return of “The Walking Dead”, waiting for the return of “The Orville”, waiting for common sense/#kindness to poke it’s head out and return us to a better reality.
Here’s what’s happened so far…
In August, it was a difficult decision, but I had to break up with myself
In September I asked “What If…?”
Then in October I knew that “Sweet Screams (Are Made of This)
Then in the midst of November chaos came calm
Counted down in many ways in December
In January I shared ways I’ve learned to save money, of course, if there was affordable housing and even slightly less corporate greed scraping pennies wouldn’t be as necessary. People’s health would be better, physical as well as mental health. I also did a presentation about how to save money for “Chronic Not Hopeless”, a grassroots support group for people with chronic conditions, here for each other because when one of us shines, we all shine.
Contact/get links to Zoom events/volunteer/suggestions/questions/resources/donate: