You will find us
acting on our worst behaviour
turning our backs on Mother Nature
Everybody wants to rule the world
https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/08/16/everybody-wants-to-rule-the-world/So glad we almost made it
So sad we have to face it
who is really ruling our world?
Say that you’ll never never never need it
One headline – why believe it?
Stop letting our world be ruled…
Stereotyping is the scourge of our time. All women are this, all men are that, good guys always win, life is fair, fat people are lazy…religion, race, wealth, poverty, sex,diets, politics, illness – everything is painted with the stereotype brush…wait, did I just stereotype stereotyping? Make no mistake, hate is the easy way. Different = Hate. Don’t agree with you = Hate. Blame everyone for your problems. Don’t change, just dig in. Lies, make them big, no, small won’t do. Feed them what they want to hear, while they pretend to care about those they hold dear.
A kiss is just a kissA lie is still a lie
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by
They still say “I love you”
On that you can rely
No matter what the future bringsAs lies goes by
Tapping into bias with a passion
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will always welcome liars
As time goes by…
- Make someone’s day with a smile or a kind word. Do something they need, not just someone you think they need. Help them as they need help.
- Be part of the good, even if it means not taking that tempting/way-too-easy dig at someone (just as a completely random example, Donald Trump).
- Jump rope, Jump Force, Shonen Jump, Jump Jump Jump Around (I Came To Get Down), Jump Up and Down for Joy, jump-start your day, jump-start a car – just don’t jump to conclusions.
- See the world from someone’s else point of view, even on their worst day. Then someone else. And someone else. The sky’s the limit and maybe not even then.
- Care. Don’t just pretend to care. Do it, surely it must take the same effort, right?
- Don’t attack, don’t react – act on your best instincts.
- Do something you didn’t think you could do. Except murder. Don’t do murder. Or anything else bad, let’s start again, do something good you didn’t think you could do.
- Grow food instead of a portfolio.
- Be yourself. Unless you can be Groot, then be Groot (I am Groot).
- Don’t try to control, be a part of something. Join a club (not a gang), volunteer, find people with common interests, goals, and values (beware of diving right in, some groups and people can be intense, hey, I didn’t directly mention Game of Thrones fans https://yadadarcyyada.com/2014/04/07/you-know-youre-obsessed-with-game-of-thrones-when/), find time to find others.
- Laugh (I’ll help, Jann Arden has a comedy series, Jann – watch, laugh, repeat). Cry (or laugh and cry thanks to Ricky Gervais, his Netflix series, After Life may just change your life, it changed mine). Dream, wonder, rejoice – seriously, if you’re still not watching The Orville, I, I, I just don’t…So go ahead and feel, feel frustrated, sad, lonely, happy, hopeful, hopeless, scared, joyful, jealous, disappointed, angry, but don’t think those feelings are facts; just to reiterate, feelings are not facts.
- Show and share compassion, patience, empathy, understanding – all the money spent on piles of flowers, stuffed animals, balloons and candles, the endless moldering memorials – give that money to those in need. Isn’t that a better way to remember those who have been lost?
- Offer your support and some Random or Not-So-Random Acts Of Kindness, but try something different, if you’re in line for coffee, you can afford a coffee (or think you can, that’s a whole other issue), the only kindness you’re giving is to the coffee place. Give that money to those in need, not just in need of a caffeine fix.
- Comfort, inspire, don’t require something in return.
- Anger, greed and fear are so tempting, calling a siren’s song, ‘give in to me, it will feel soooo good’ and it could, briefly, but it hurts others; if that makes you feel good, you need some serious help.
- Instead of trying to be right, be happy. Instead of being closed, be open. https://yadadarcyyada.com/2019/01/26/two-can-keep-a-secret-if-one-of-them-is-dead/
- Be part of something kind. Easy to pick on someone, more work to pick them up. Instead of rising to the bait, rise together.
- Share something you want to keep all to yourself, for me, chocolate (they’ll have to pry it from my cold dead hands, then again, if I share, we’ll both be in bliss).
- Answer a child’s toy phone instead of your phone. Be there, in the here and now, tomorrow isn’t certain, but I’m certain we should be enjoying today. Welcome to your life, there’s no turning back so let’s enjoy a world where there’s enough for everyone – enough food, enough shelter, enough kindness, enough hope, enough compassion, enough love.
This blog post brought to you today by Donna’s Brain, now filled with 100% more:
- Tears For Fears.
- Politics/politicians/political machinations.
- Toy Story (4, 5, 75, whatever, just keep ’em coming, we’ll watch, we promise).
- Frank Sinatra (anyone else feeling a Rat Pack vibe these days?).
- The Walking Dead (more Negan please, gots to get me a Jeffrey Dean Morgan fix).
- Agatha Christie – the new Ordeal By Innocence – go catch some red herring.
- Organization (shouldn’t that be a four-letter word?).
- Buffy (RIP Luke Perry).
- The Orville (stop taking breaks, work 24/7 365 please and thank you).
- Kindness (it really does matter).
- Harry Potter (I don’t know if the Sorting Hat could figure me out right now).
- Avengers (and of course, Guardians of the Galaxy – I get it, I still listen to my Walkman).
- E.T. (Text home?).
- Supernatural (300 has a whole new meaning, they get my jonesing for some JDM and pizza).
- The Handmaid’s Tale (as we start to live it we should accept that good people don’t always win, but that doesn’t mean they should stop being good and yes, some rich people believe the ‘screw the rules I have money’ motto, but money doesn’t equal right just right now).
- Exhaustion (is there a place past exhaustion, like mega-exhaustion?).
- Secret City (is this a series or a documentary, it’s so difficult to tell anymore…).
- Books (more on that later).
- Why is it every Spring I feel (doesn’t make it true) like I need more socks, pizza (did I already mention pizza, it’s worth another shout out, right?), donuts, Gilmore Girls, maybe Easter eggs (only the chocolate ones, I can have eggs anytime) and cake.
- Thinking of how fix the root causes of all the anger, hate, loneliness, trauma;
- Game of Thrones (anyway to get Jason Momoa back in flashbacks, time warps, something?).
- Earth Day https://yadadarcyyada.com/2015/04/22/all-the-ways-im-told-im-stupid-everyday/ https://yadadarcyyada.com/2018/04/15/tra-la-la-tra-la-la-la/
- Psych (why aren’t they bring this show back, at least a movie or limited run series, come on, I’m desperately in need of a happy place!).
- Change (not all change is good, not all change is bad).
- The Good Fight (keep it up).
- SEO, streaming, dreaming, superheroes, raw water, CBD-infused anything and everything, detox, botox, Cheetos dust (is that a must?), ruffles, truffles, bigger phones, smaller minds, ALF, BTS, Bill and Ted (what’s the newest Excellent Adventure, finding their dentures?), cryptocurrency, Wikileaks (maybe they just need WikiDepends), Julian Assange, self-driving cars (scare me less than drivers driving cars), flying cars (still not as scary as people driving cars on the ground), goat yoga (yoga goat?), inflated lips, inflated hips, inflated prices, fanny packs are back (what?!?), Momo, CYA, Apple (is it really an #AppleEvent without Steve Jobs? Maybe Tim Apple will be there, would Tim Cook be a cooked apple, but I digress.), FOMO, Snapple, GMO – oh no, my brain is melting;
- Ultravox and pancakes and not necessarily in that order.
- Boomtown Rats and Queen (feeling a Live Aid vibe here).
- Aurora Borealis.
- U2 (What if I found what I was looking for and didn’t know that’s what it was?).
- Downton Abbey followed by the urban sequel, Downtown New York Abbey.
- Stranger Things (welcome to my life).
- Food waste.
- Murder (not doing it, writing about it or reading about it or watching it, wait, I’m sensing a theme).
- Why the birds are conspiring to sing their ‘songs’ outside my window, exactly what subliminal messages are they putting into my brain…
I’ve been going through some stuff as you see from my ‘slow blogging’, but not slow braining, but I keep bouncing back, Don’t Stop Me Now
https://yadadarcyyada.com/2019/02/06/dont-stop-me-now/ I guess the biggest thing I’ve been struggling with, concerning blogging and social media is, am I part of the problem, am I an enabler? Am I feeding the beast? I try not to, but readily admit, I’ve had varying degrees of success. I move forward with a new resolve…I hope.