Twas the week before Christmas
(almost two till my birthday)…
When all through the blogosphere…
not a blogger was stirring…
ok, some are stirring, but mostly cocktails…
Yet posts were still flying out with hopes that readers might give them a shout!
Christmas isn’t the most wonderful time of the year for bloggers, readers and many bloggers are off prepping for the big day, partying, waiting in line for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and of course, searching for “the” perfect gifts.
Here are some, er, helpful (?) last-minute gift ideas for those “hard-to-buy-for” folks:
1. O Christmas tree! As a cautionary note, unlike in the movies, apparently it’s ‘frowned upon’, some might call it “illegal” to just randomly cut trees down. So you can find a home for a puppy or kitten, but not a poor little tree? That seems wrong.
2. Draw happy faces on all their socks/nylons/underwear so they’ll feel happy as they start each day. Or you could sneak into their home (or room) and draw a happy face on their wall or mirror in red lipstick or paint. It’ll be a fun surprise, not at all creepy.
3. Fix something (people love when things get fixed). TV, car, fridge, cellphone, alarm system, computer, election, appliances, sewing machine, etc. Even if nothing was broken (but might be after your “help”), it’s the thought that counts.
4. Donate to a cause in their name or better yet, start a foundation in their name; I’m sure it won’t affect their taxes…much.
5. Sing them a song (only if your voice doesn’t resemble fingernails on a chalkboard, mastodons dying in a tar pit, Bridget Jones singing, or my Mom singing – love you, please don’t sing).
6. Indie books. Mass-produced can be good, but a steady diet can leave you feeling flat. Best thing about indie, less cookie cutter, same goes for everything. Any indie authors reading this, please add links in the comment box below where your work can be found (heck, it’s Christmas, anyone add links).
7. Food clothing! Taco ties, socks, and hats. Also available in: lasagna, kung pao, pizza, chocolate, wine, beer, hamburger, and curry flavours. Hungry? Bored? Clothes never tasted so good!
8. Make a natural, organic, and very, very personal sculpture, coat, hat, scarf, or quilt out of your hair and nail clippings – free range fun?
9. Lint kittens and puppies! They’re back, furry fun fresh from your dryer! Easy to keep – no walks, no food, no poop (unless you count dustballs). Soft and cuddly, unless exposed to water.
10. Honesty – those who receive this present may not appreciate it at first, but it might be the best gift they ever receive…someday.
So, these probably aren’t the gifts you’re looking for (except the indie books), so just remember, don’t sweat gift-giving, the best gift of all is still…you!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
All the best in 2018!